from the stuff
you don't want
Garage sale flyers that spread the word
You aren't restricted in space so garage sale flyers can be a great to get the word out
Use a headline to catch attention
Other headlines that have caught my attention or curiosity
Use Google's image search for flyer design ideas
Search for "garage sale flyer", "yard sale flyer", "tag sale flyer", etc.
Indicate if poor weather will cancel the sale
If you don't have enough protection if it rains/snows and will have to cancel the sale, include this on the flyer. Also include when you would plan to hold it again.
Warn people if your won't accept checks
If you have decided not to accept personal checks, include CASH ONLY.
Placement of general flyers
Early in the week, place flyers on:
Placement of targeted flyers
If you have specialized items, place your targeted flyers where these people are most likely to notice it. For example:
Include 'tear-offs' to make it easy for shoppers to remember your garage sale
Shoppers might notice your flyer on a notice board but not have a pen and paper to make a note of where it is. Make it easy for them by including tear-off sections at the bottom of your flyer with the "when, where & what" details. Snip in between each one to make it easy to tear off.
Always tear off 1 or 2 so people will think that because others are interested too it must be worth it. "Social validation" is a powerful tool.
Some tear-off ideas are to position them at the bottom of your flyer or down the sides or staple a bunch of pre-cut ones at the top of your flyer.
Most desktop publishing programs on computers these days will have templates you can use.
More related tips on these pages...
Copyright © 2009-2013 BestGarageSaleTips.com. All Rights Reserved.
>> Get your 130 page ebook <<
• More tips
• Friday Fun
• Best Garage Sale Tips - Home
• Is a garage sale a good idea?
• Garage sale alternatives
• Garage sales around the world
• What have you got to sell?
• The best time and place
• A Garage Sale vs Ebay
• What to do several weeks before
• What to do the week before
• What to do the day before
• What to do on the morning
• What to do during the day
• What to do near the end and after
• Best group garage sale tips
• Best cleaning and repairing tips
• Best garage sale pricing tips
• Best garage sale sign tips
• Garage Sale flyer tips
• Garage Sale ads that attract buyers
• Garage Sale street signs tips
• Garage Sale signs for the garage
• Best garage sale layout tips
• Best tips to make men stop
• Best tips to display clothes
• Best early bird strategies
• Best customer service tips
• Best 'lemonade stand' tips
• Garage sale safety and security tips
• Garage sale money handling tips
• Garage sale personal safety tips
• Best pet strategies to boost sales
• Best garage sale donating tips
• Garage sale resources & links
• Garage sale signs and stickers
• Garage sale t-shirts
• Garage sale aprons
• Garage sale other stuff
Search Best Garage Sale Tips
|CONTACT | COPYRIGHT | PRIVACY | DISCLAIMER | ADVERTISING|